Call for contributions – Operationalization of Remote Sensing Solutions for Sustainable Forest Management
The My Sustainable Forest team is happy to invite you to submit a manuscript to a Special Issue Operationalization of Remote Sensing Solutions for Sustainable Forest Management of Remote Sensing journal.
This special issue is linked with H2020 project My Sustainable Forest, however, contributions from other researchers are very welcome. With this Special Issue, My Sustainable Forest project aims at compiling research papers dealing both with remote sensing methodologies and the implementation of research results to facilitate sustainable forest management.
The focus is placed on remotely sensed data, the development of algorithms for forest site characterization, wood characterization, biomass and CO2 stocking, mapping forest conditions, ecosystem vulnerabilities, socioeconomic functions and conditions, as well as on operationalization of remote sensing for natural resource management through the integration of scientific research and its practical utilization.
Overall, we call out for contributions combining remote sensing and any of the targets of the 2030 strategic research and innovation agenda for the forest-based sector.
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 August 2020.
- Manuscripts should be submitted online by registering and logging at www.mdpi.com.
- Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited.
- Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website.
- For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
- Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers).
All manuscripts are refereed through a singleblind peer-review process. Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs).
Special Issue Editors
- Prof. Dr. Gintautas Mozgeris; Institute of Forest Management and Wood Science, Agriculture Academy, Vytautas Magnus University, Kaunas region, Lithuania. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Ivan Balenović; Croatian Forest Research Institute, Division for Forest Management and Forestry Economics, Zagreb, Croatia. E-mail: email@example.com
For any further information and assistance, please visit the Special Issue website or contact Special Issue Editors.